My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on November 14, 2013, 09:42:29 AM
-
Not around this weekend.
If your out, meet usual time and place and bring our route plans or post here in advance
See you on 24th for a hill fest, as long as it's a nice day!!
-
Hills last week and the following week..
May I be so bold as to suggest something a tad flatter ?
-
I know a genuinely flat route, will post when I get chance.
-
What's wrong with hills? :(
-
Hills are the same as a big bar of chocolate, you really enjoy the first one, but ten within 3 hours?
-
Don't start me on chocolate!!!
-
I have now finished planning a route with very little in the way of climbing and pretty sure its not one we've yet done on a Sunday club run. We may need a slight detour for a cafe stop but lots of flexibility in when we take it!
http://app.strava.com/activities/94905920
-
;D
-
😂😂😂
-
plenty of scope for café stop if you made that the midweek run
-
Here is a proper suggestion for tomorrows run - 62 miles (just one big hill and one medium hill)
http://connect.garmin.com/course/5168127
What do you reckon and any suggestions for Cafe stop?
-
Sorry, our site is temporarily down for maintenance.
Please check back soon.
Arghhh >:(
-
Garmin down, will need to trust you..
Would you care to expand on 'only one big hill'??
-
Its working for me - the one big hill is Rhigos (from Glynneath).
The medium hill is Bryn (from Maesteg)
I suppose Cimla, Penygraig, Penhiwfer and Gilfach Goch are also worthy of mention...but when you look at the route profile on Garmin they hardly show
-
We'll have to trust you.... I foresee;
(http://www.funonthenet.in/images/stories/forwards/steepest-streets/baldwin-street-1.jpg)
;)
-
The top of that looks like exactly the sort of place we end up staying when we go somewhere really hot for hols that is advertised as being "a short stroll down to the sea"
-
It's all about those sea views...
-
So it was a bit like last week but minus the hills!
Rob J, Mark R, Mark N, Chris G, Jason T, R& J Beech and I. Into Cardiff via Llantrisant and puncture repair for Jason. To Newport via the flats and up to Risca when Jason took a tumble uphill ( not his day!). Damage to new Castelli tights observed. Richard then started to bonk ( one bowl of Cheerios, only planning to be out for 90 mins!). Thankfully we were in sight of the cafe, so 6 spoons of sugar in the coffee was the remedy. Caerphilly, Treforest, where Joe and Richard turned off. Back to Bridgend.
64.5miles at 18.5mph average - not hanging around.....
-
Nice report - yes we substituted the hills (and lanes) for traffic and cycle unfriendly roundabouts
Enjoyed it though - I had to go and do another 10 miles or so hard after to ride off the rest of that Brownie (which was basically concentrated chocolate...very nice mind).
Also worth a mention that poor Chris G managed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time again (and got taken out by the falling Jason). No harm done except to Jason's expensive looking Castelli tights and less expensive looking knee ;D
-
Just happy to have a nice soft landing for once ::)
-
Sorry for taking you down Chris, at least I'm a bit squish to fall on I guess.
Upon removing my silly expensive Castelli bibtights I did happen to wonder how a large piece of chewing gum got through the wonderful hole I recently created, only to then realised that it was full of hairs... and it was actually part of my knee :-[
Looks like someone has taken a dremel to my knee cap.
-
Hi Jas,
Stiches me thinks, as discussed,
Hope your ok,let us know.
Good ride today,started to feel it towards the end ????
Cheers Troops!!!
-
Is the white bit bone? If so time to get it looked at.
-
Bone or chewing him, seemed to be working well. Bit gross though
-
Oops I meant chewing gum not "him"...