My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on March 07, 2016, 12:30:32 PM

Title: Mid-Week 7/3-11/3
Post by: Tom on March 07, 2016, 12:30:32 PM
Hoping to get out tomorrow but the forecast isn't too promising(unlike the forecast for Mallorca next week).I'll play it by ear in the morning.
Hope to be out later in the week but obviously I'm now into the tapering section of my finely honed Mallorca training plan.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 7/3-11/3
Post by: Mark Pope on March 07, 2016, 06:34:41 PM
I plan to be at B&Q at 0945 Tom. The forecast is drab but not too bad. Hope to see you tomorrow.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 7/3-11/3
Post by: mal jones on March 07, 2016, 10:37:08 PM
Can't make tues tom I'm painting and earning brownie points for Mallorca trip will try to be out later in week
Title: Re: Mid-Week 7/3-11/3
Post by: Paul Longthorn on March 08, 2016, 06:53:23 AM
I'll be there see you at 9:45
Title: Re: Mid-Week 7/3-11/3
Post by: Carrie Williams on March 08, 2016, 08:10:40 AM
I'm in Ross on Wye with my Dad today but will try and get out later Thurs or Fri.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 7/3-11/3
Post by: mal jones on March 08, 2016, 12:33:32 PM
BBC Weather forecast for Palma, Spain. Monday: Sunny. Max 15°C, min 10°C. Wind 12mph NNW. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2512989
Title: Re: Mid-Week 7/3-11/3
Post by: Tom on March 08, 2016, 01:15:51 PM
3 stalwarts out this morning-Mark, Paul & me. We did a reasonable pace but Paul showed again he's the Jason Kenney of the OVW, we don't see him for months then when the big day comes(Mallorca)he's riding at his best again.-Sorry we got split up around the Coast though Paul-Mark and I waited but assumed you'd gone Death Valley-hope you didn't have a mechanical. Mark was going to drive back that way just in case.
We had a dry ride till Llantwit then drizzle. Let's hope Cardiff v Leeds tonight is as enjoyable.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 7/3-11/3
Post by: Mark Pope on March 08, 2016, 05:44:00 PM
A good ride today, thanks Tom. Unfortunately Paul punctured near the Pelican Pub on the way back to Ewenny, which is why we didn't see him again. He got home Ok though. See you Sunday.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 7/3-11/3
Post by: Tom on March 09, 2016, 10:46:47 AM
Sadly today's forecast for next week Mal http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6299349
Title: Re: Mid-Week 7/3-11/3
Post by: Terry A on March 10, 2016, 07:03:10 AM
I'm  riding this morning - will be an easy, relaxed amble. Will be at B&Q for 9.45.