My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on February 29, 2016, 10:58:12 AM

Title: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Tom on February 29, 2016, 10:58:12 AM
My plan is to go out tomorrow and Thursday this week (I can't do Friday) but there is a bit of a question mark over the weather tomorrow morning. Presently wet early but drying up-the question is when? Let's keep an eye on the forecast.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Tom on February 29, 2016, 07:05:35 PM
May have to go out a bit later tomorrow-I'll see what the morning brings
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Mark Pope on February 29, 2016, 07:12:56 PM
I agree Tom, early afternoon may be best for tomorrow's ride.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Carrie Williams on March 01, 2016, 07:36:59 AM
I can't do today but am ok for Thursday so will keep an eye on the guestbook.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Tom on March 01, 2016, 05:04:20 PM
I managed a dry but wind swept couple of hours earlier today. Looking a bit more promising for Thursday-so far Carrie&Paul L due to be out-don't mind the route but hoping it will involve a lot of(birthday)cake!
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Carrie Williams on March 02, 2016, 09:40:23 AM
Hi Tom,
Only a suggestion but as it's your birthday, we could do a ride through the lanes to Llanerch Vineyard but I'm not sure about their range of cakes! If all else fails then Cafe Aroma in Cowbridge has a great choice of cakes which is not that much further on.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Tom on March 02, 2016, 10:24:47 AM
Sounds a good plan to me Carrie-I think Mal will be out-what does Paul think?
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: mal jones on March 02, 2016, 04:49:23 PM
Yes I plan to be out tomorrow just post time on here but can't make it much before 9.45 thanks
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Tom on March 02, 2016, 05:00:00 PM
Thanks Mal-how about 9.45 at B&Q-Carrie can meet there or en route ?Paul?Anyone else(you won't be forced to sing Happy Birthday!)
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: mal jones on March 02, 2016, 08:47:55 PM
Ok 9.45 at BQ  cheers
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Paul Longthorn on March 02, 2016, 10:23:15 PM
Hi All, I'll fall in with any plans. See you at B&Q Roundabout 9:45
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Carrie Williams on March 03, 2016, 07:22:50 AM
I will aim to be at B&Q at 9.45 but if not then will see you in the lanes.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Tom on March 03, 2016, 03:35:19 PM
Big turn out today-I think the weather rather than my birthday was the draw! Carrie,Mal,Neil,Steve C Paul and Terry as well as myself. We followed Carrie's suggestion, not a long ride but a few hills! We stopped at the posh(for us) Llanerch Vineyard-they let us in no problem!. Thanks to Mal for the coffee and to Steve for the cake! We made our way back to Aberthin after which  we gradually split up depending on what time people needed to get back(or in one case how much cake they'd eaten!)
I can't get out tomorrow but back to normal next week.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Terry A on March 03, 2016, 04:07:30 PM
Good ride today - nice to do an amended route (thanks Carrie) and good riding from the Birthday Boy. Tom - you are going to fly once you change from that beast of a bike of yours !!
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Mark Pope on March 03, 2016, 05:27:27 PM
Anyone out tomorrow morning? The weather looks good 8). I'm hoping to do a few steady miles before Sunday's RR3 flogging!
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Terry A on March 04, 2016, 07:27:18 AM
Hi Mark, think I mentioned it but just to confirm - I can not make this morning.

Be back around early afternoon and get a few miles in then if any good to you or anyone else.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Mark Pope on March 04, 2016, 07:35:14 AM
Thanks for letting me know. I'll go out later this morning. See you Sunday.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Lee S on March 04, 2016, 07:50:37 AM
Hi Mark, I'm out this morning heading towards Pencoed, Tonteg, Pentyrch and back via Llantrisant and Llanharan. If you fancy joining me I'll meet you at 9am B & Q roundabout but I need to be back around 11:30.
Title: Re: Mid-Week 29/2-4/3
Post by: Mark Pope on March 04, 2016, 03:49:16 PM
Sorry Lee, only just picked up your message. We just missed each other today. I headed out towards Llantrisant as well, but started from Cafe Velo! See you Sunday.