My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on February 22, 2016, 01:17:42 PM
-
Supposedly back to cold and bright tomorrow so should be ok for a ride! I'll be at B&Q.Starbucks at 9.45 as usual-let me know if you plan to be out too.
-
I'll be there Tom
-
I'm working Monday to Wednesday (a long week I know) so I won't be out tomorrow. However, I will be out on Friday if anyone else is up for a ride?
-
Lots of signs of Spring today-plenty of daffs, the council mowing the grass but most reliably the first appearance on a mid-week ride this year of Steve 'sciatica' Chapman! If Steve's out the weather must be improving! He joined Mal, Lee Carrie and me. Everyone (else) seems to be riding very strongly, I'm a bit worried about what may happen in Mallorca!
We're monitoring the weather for later in the week.
-
Is anyone planning to go out tomorrow (Thursday)? The weather looks pretty good 8) so I intend to get a few miles in, starting from the B&Q Roundabout at 0945.
Mark
-
In work and at my desk as usual,and looking out at a blue sky wishing I could join you mid-weekers
Now if only I was retired
-
I hope you are sitting on a state of the art turbo trainer behind your desk, getting in some invaluable pre-Majorca training while counselling your patients? You can't beat concurrent activity, just ask Jeremy Hunt! ;D
-
I'm planning to ride tomorrow. Not too sure about the usual mid-week route though ... forecast is for a cold night with hard frost and so the lanes might not be good. Apart from that, I fancy our standard route is getting worse for pot holes. So, not sure if others are out as no one else has replied but either way what do you think ?
-
I'm happy to change the route to suit the conditions. The route we did the other week worked well and still took us past Cafe Velo for coffee and toasted fruit loaf. Shall we do the same again?
-
OK, sounds good & I'll be at B&Q at 9.45.
-
Anyone out tomorrow?
-
I'm riding in to Cardiff-not sure what time yet.Carrie may be out and may meet me at Aberthin. I'll probably leave here soon after 9
-
Thxs tom I think I'll go out a bit later and maybe do the usual ride
-
Thanks to Carrie for her company on my trek into Cardiff today. One of us spent 20 minutes or so drinking coffee laced with rum and eating biscuits in Spillers Records whilst the other dedicated athlete got a few extra miles in before we rode back. I won't embarrass anyone by identifying the less committed cyclist.
We met Paul Longthorne on the way back getting in some serious pre-Mallorca miles.