My Community

General Category => Chain Gang => Topic started by: xrayspecs on January 19, 2016, 08:56:57 AM

Title: Winter chain gang 12a
Post by: xrayspecs on January 19, 2016, 08:56:57 AM
7 pm wrap up warm
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 12a
Post by: Shawn on January 19, 2016, 09:12:06 AM
I'm going to start a bit earlier at 5:45pm to try and get laps in before the temperature drops below zero. Saying that the Estate looks to be well gritted this morning so should be safe under wheel.
If anyone wants to join me at the earlier time I will be in the usual place
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 12a
Post by: Mark B on January 19, 2016, 04:32:54 PM
I can do either time. Anyone else aiming to do the earlier time? I'm happy to join the majority. Anyone thinking of approaching via Heronstone Lane, be warned it is still very wet (thus likely to be iced later) and I have just driven through and was held up by hedge cutting.
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 12a
Post by: Terry A on January 19, 2016, 04:48:51 PM
Hi Shawn,

I have just ridden up & down my street doing a bike check and it is already mightly cold ... 5.45 sounds a good idea & I will be there then.

Terry

Title: Re: Winter chain gang 12a
Post by: Mark B on January 19, 2016, 04:51:47 PM
Ok, so will I.
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 12a
Post by: RichardB on January 19, 2016, 06:16:33 PM
Shame I didn't pick these posts up earlier though I may have struggled to get there for the earlier time. Still planning to go for 7. Dodgy and Tony - are you still planning on going?
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 12a
Post by: harpo on January 19, 2016, 06:39:12 PM
Ditto!! Just been on turbo now
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 12a
Post by: Shawn on January 19, 2016, 06:48:46 PM
Terry and Mark sorry for dragging you out early and then riding like a complete pleb
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 12a
Post by: Terry A on January 19, 2016, 07:32:37 PM
Hi Shawn,

No problem at all - the temp was dropping fast when we were riding home so not at all unhappy at the earner start time. As long as you are OK - we stopped at the roundabout for a brief moment and then looked out for you on the next lap; guessed then that you were a bit below par. Anyway, we completed the laps- have to confess Mark did more than his fair share as I tired after 6 laps. Still, happy with the workout.
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 12a
Post by: Tony M on January 19, 2016, 08:19:00 PM
Sorry Richard I have only just seen your message. It was a bit too icy for me  :-\
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 12a
Post by: Toestrapsteve on January 19, 2016, 09:42:38 PM
At normal starting gate/time were: Rich and Mark E who peeled-off as Mark R, John, Rich J, Toestrap Steve and the Mummy (sorry - loads of clothing, but no name) headed out to Llantrisant on A473 - a smooth ride and a wise move to avoid the sharp corners of the B'end Ind Est as temperature was falling faster than in 'The Day After Tomorrow' (of the Exorcist, if you prefer). Toes just starting to recover now.