My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: traine on November 08, 2013, 08:17:42 PM
-
See Social Calendar
This is a proper auction and a proper bit of fun.
Richard Tucker is the auctioneer. He has a good working knowledge of bikes up to about 2005 ! ! ! but since a lot of the stuff brought in pre-dates that he is not usually stuck for a description. In any case our job is to help him get the best price for the auction lots by bidding against each other for the bits we want.
Expect to see clothing (including retro jerseys etc), books, magazines, helmets, shoes, handlebars, brakes, gears, saddles, wheels and even whole bikes. Some retro stuff, some very old and good but some of suspect usability. Check it out before the auction.
If you are selling be there at the club house about 7.45pm next week to fill out a form describing what you have for sale and put on this form any 'reserve price' you do not want the item to sell below. Richard will refer to this during the auction.
If you have nothing to sell, come along at 8.00pm and pick up a bidders card with a number and record your name against that number. Look at the stuff which is to be sold.
The auction will start at about 8.15pm
At the end of the auction buyers pay over their money, the club deducts its 10% and gives it to the sellers. Easy.
Tea and coffee are available for a modest 20p before the auction.
All proceeds to club funds.
Please note that the prices are not usually very high but you will need cash as we have a small float only and cheques will only be accepted for larger items because of the need to deduct the 10%.
As yet I have no idea what is coming in but I will look in my garage this weekend and post here what I have. Please do the same just so we have an idea.
See you next Friday
Tim
-
Good news ! We have a carbon frame and a track bike coming to the auction
-
On Friday I would like to buy;
A pair of training 700c wheels which will take 28mm tyres with a 7 block (or capable of taking one) 13-23
A pair of decent 25 or 28mm clincher tyres. Used would be acceptable, but not bald
A Campag microdrive chainset 50/30 or near with 170mm cranks
A turbo trainer
Tim
-
Tim :o :o :o
A turbo trainer...the King of Rollers has been converted!
-
Tim, you should be sending that list to Santa, he is normally pretty good.
-
An enjoyable and entertaining evening - as always
-
OK it is 10 days since the auction and my first time on the Forum since then but it does not mean I do not appreciate the excellent turnout of members and the sellers and buyers at this event. Especially I would wish to thank our auctioneer Richard Tucker (Hon. Vice President) for an entertaining two hours and his Wales Shirt with the £10.00 proceeds of sale going to Club coffers. Teresa turned in a star performance on the IT and even managed to buy a pump I have been trying to get rid of for ages !
I am still trying to come to terms with my purchase of my 11th bike. I suspect that next year I shall have to bear to part with one or more of those I have and put up with the microscopically small sum I shall get for it (them).
Overall we made £34.00 for club funds but, more than that, we had a great evening.
Thank you all
Tim