My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on November 08, 2013, 10:38:51 AM
-
Tempting fate by saying the forecast looking OK for Sunday.
Will post a route this afternoon.
-
Can we have one of your signature hill fest routes please? As I missed last weeks due to a cold..
-
Can I request long climbs rather than steep ones...the latter hurt my legs and lungs. Oh and wind assisted too ideally....And sunshine please
-
Can I have sunshine and wind assistance, no climbs and a nice cafe stop please !
-
There are at least 3 themes of agreement then! 8)
-
Computer in work useless, can't run garmin connect.
Planned route is east via Brynna, Llantrisant Rd, Pentyrch, Tongwynlais, Forest Rd short climb up Caerphilly mt, Lisvane, Rudry, Caerphilly, ( around the mountain :) or up it for cafe stop :( ) Radyr, P-S-E, Welsh St Donats, Brackla.
Not sure where else for coffee, St Fagans or Duffryn?
Approx 55 miles
Hill fest in two weeks, not around on 17th
-
Could possibly drop down from Rudry for coffee stop in 'Hapus' ice cream parlor in Machen.
http://www.hapusicecream.co.uk/
-
You will need a canoe to get through PSE if this weather keeps up
-
Ever the optimist I predict it will be fine on Sunday.
If it's not we'll go around or paddle!
-
Bit longer than I thought, suggested route for Sunday
http://connect.garmin.com/course/5126859
-
Nice. I'm in.
-
Arm bands not provided!
-
Sod the hills (kind of), I just really REALLY hope it's warmer tomorrow than my ride this morning:
Avg Temperature: 2.2 °C
Min Temperature: 0.0 °C
Bloody Hell it's getting cold.
-
Where on earth were you riding and what time of night...it weren't quite that cold in Llantrisant! I was overheating this avo, it was mild by then.
-
A couple of chaps in work wanted to go over the Rhigos, like a fool I agreed to meet them in Pontypridd at 07:00.
06:40 Llantwit Fardre -> Ponty -> Abercynon -> Aberdare -> Rhigos -> Tonypandy -> Home = BLOODY COLD
-
The thought of it makes me shiver - I've now looked at yr ride on strava...impressive, must have been GRIM
-
Grim isn't the word, as I had to wait every few miles for the last person to catch up my core temp was dropping something terrible....
Role reversal tomorrow ;)
-
Nice ride today - lovely scenery and some good cake. My bike needs a clean though. Photo link below
https://www.facebook.com/allan.wardhaugh?hc_location=stream
-
Photo Link!You're just showing off now
-
All I can see is a bloke with a cheesy grin in a DJ.
Good run today for the record, Allan, Mark R Jason T Andy H Steven M Mark N and myself on the advertised route. Nice steady pace and a fab cafe stop.
Bit of a mud fest at the end though.
-
I can see probably enough to take over Allan's identity (if I wanted to) but not the alleged muddy bike ;D
-
Eight set off on the pacers ride this morninig, Mark Nott, Mark Rosser, Allan, Chris G, Steven, Jason, Bowen (he was with us Pau,l until Pontyclun) and myself.
In contrast to the last few days the sun was shining bright and slight chill in the air. We headed east at a steady via Llanharan to LLantrisant Rd before the first short climb of the day up to Pentyrch, the two Marks looking strong and leading the way. Fast descent down Heol Goch before crossing the Taff to Tongwynlais and the climb up Heol Y Forest, as usual very wet up here, sharp kick at the top before turning down Rhiwbina Hill, through Llanishen to Lisvane and out into the country and wonderful scenery through Cefn Mably and Rudry. A couple of steep pitches along this section but ridden at a steady pace allowing the group to stay together. Decided to head for the coffee stop in Machen and sat outside in glorious sunshine. Excellent coffee and chocolate brownies!
Set off home via Caerphilly, Radyr and P.S.E. through Hensol to Welsh St Donats, the days exertions were starting to have an effect and Steven wisely took to the front to control the pace. Home via City and Treos ( fair amount of debris in the lanes but not too muddy)
66 miles almost exactly 4 hours (moving time)
Excellent morning, great ride!
Garmin has 4800 ft of elevation, not bad for a flattish ride. ;D
-
Good route Andy,
As predicted, I'm enjoying it now I'm home!
-
Passed Welsh St Donats farm before A48, barn well ablaze.
See attachment
[attachment deleted by admin]
-
Great ride today guys,
Really enjoyed the route, as you all know by now,how much I love climbing, "Not" :(
learnt a lot today,
Nice One,
Mark.