My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on December 28, 2015, 02:13:16 PM

Title: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Tom on December 28, 2015, 02:13:16 PM
I believe a few Oggies are aiming to get the miles in this week to make their annual mileage targets.A mid-week ride could help!
Forecast is ok tomorrow and Thursday so I'm hoping to get out both days as well as pottering over to the 10 on Friday(watching not racing!!).I notice Mark is thinking of a P&H visit tomorrow. I can be flexible if you want to start a bit later Mark-let us know your plans!
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Paul Longthorn on December 28, 2015, 04:34:53 PM
I'll be out what time are we meeting at B&Q. 9 would suit me! Tom I'll bring the cap end of the light.
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Mark Pope on December 28, 2015, 05:16:45 PM
Hi Tom/Paul,

I'm definitely riding tomorrow and the Plough and Harrow lunch option was discussed last Sunday. If the consensus is to pop in to the P&H, then we probably need to leave at 10 am to avoid getting there too early. If it's just a normal ride then 9 45am at B&Q suits me as 9am is a bit of a push for me. On Sunday Terry, Tony and Mal were quite keen on the P&H plan. Let's go with a vote!

Mark
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Tom on December 28, 2015, 05:23:17 PM
Thanks Mark(and Paul)-I can do 9,9.45 or 10-happy to go with whatever suits-so long as I'm back in time to subject myself to more agony at the Cardiff City Stadium in the evening!
I'll monitor this thread and be there when told to be!
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: mal jones on December 28, 2015, 05:36:50 PM
As Mark says a 10am start means we can maybe have a  quick coffee stop and then get to Plough about mid day  when they open . Ive rung them to tell them there will be about 5 of us .
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Chris Reed on December 28, 2015, 05:39:03 PM
I fancy it - I'll be there! Any time suits
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Paul Longthorn on December 28, 2015, 05:47:55 PM
Any time suits me which doesn't help. But as we are eating/ liquid lunch 10 would be better. It would quite uncivilised to be on the sauce before 12😃🍻🍾🍴🚵🏽🚴🏾
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Tom on December 28, 2015, 05:56:36 PM
Seems the consensus is 10 at the moment-I'll assume that's it unless told differently! Thanks for bringing the cap Paul.
Chris-I'm sure you've done the mid-week ride before but just in case we meet at the B&Q.Starbucks roundabout,not the Triangle
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Chris Reed on December 28, 2015, 06:02:17 PM
Nope this'll be the first - see you there!
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Tony M on December 28, 2015, 06:44:04 PM
Yes I plan to be there with extra cash! They do lovely draft ciders 😈
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: mal jones on December 28, 2015, 06:49:18 PM
Are we having pub lunch as well?? I fancy it
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Chris Reed on December 28, 2015, 07:11:25 PM
Just to be clear - no food and beer - no me! 😉
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Mark Pope on December 28, 2015, 08:11:50 PM
Great, 10am seems to be the winner with seasonal refreshments at the Plough and Harrow. See you all tomorrow.

Mark
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Chris Reed on December 29, 2015, 08:25:12 AM
Sorry guys - I'm out - just can't get my chest clear - wheezing like a 90 year old!
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Tom on December 29, 2015, 01:19:13 PM
We finished 2015's Tuesday rides on a high-10 OVW's out on a glorious sunny day.A pity you weren't well enough to make it too Chris!Starting from B&Q were
Tony
Terry
Marl P
Lee
Paul L
Carrie
Mal
Mark Cooke
Me.
We stopped at Café Velo(to wait for Mark P who had thought we'd lost Paul and gone back to look for him,only to find him enjoying a coffee when Mark eventually joined us).We met up with Harpo on the coast road following his recce of the course for Friday.I left most of the others entering the P&H-(after all it must be about 4 miles from Café V,definitely time for a pub stop).
Some of us are hoping to get out on Thursday,if the weather is ok but we definitely plan a ride over to the 10 on Friday to support the lads!
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides28/12-01/01
Post by: Mark Pope on December 29, 2015, 06:00:51 PM
Great ride today in fantastic weather. The food and cider at the Plough and Harrow were excellent too. See you on Thursday.