My Community

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Teresa on December 16, 2015, 06:05:01 PM

Title: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Teresa on December 16, 2015, 06:05:01 PM
It is that time of the year again.

Membership renewals are due between now and the end of December 2015.  They can be paid directly into the Club's bank account.  TSB, Sort Code: 30-95-34, Account Number: 00880070 (Please add relevant reference)

Payments by cash and cheque will still be accepted.

A membership form (attached) will need to be completed (even if you are an existing member) and either posted / emailed / handed to the Club Secretary.

I will be sending out an email to all members with details of third party insurance links.

Looking forward to another flourishing membership for 2016.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: xrayspecs on December 17, 2015, 01:21:50 PM
Is there a club night tomorrow?
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Teresa on December 17, 2015, 01:47:54 PM
Yep
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Mark B on December 17, 2015, 07:46:15 PM
Hi Teresa, how does it work as a new member? Are my subs due again?
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Teresa on December 17, 2015, 10:22:39 PM
Hi Mark
Your next subs will be due by 31 Dec 2016, due to the date you joined in 2015.
Hope you are enjoying it all so far  ;)
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Mark B on December 18, 2015, 07:18:36 AM
Thanks Teresa. Yes, great to have more company. And as for the chain gang, let's just say it's got me working ;-)
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Paul L on December 18, 2015, 09:10:20 AM
Hi Teresa,
As I joined the end of August when are my subs due?
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Teresa on December 18, 2015, 10:28:17 AM
Hi Paul
Yes - you will need to renew your membership.

All memberships are due by the end of December.  The exception is for new members who join late in the year. 
Unfortunately, you joined too early for the cut off.

Excellent value for money with all the riding and coaching opportunities offered.  And of course to belong to such a great club   ;)
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Paul L on December 18, 2015, 03:59:34 PM
I think I will give it a miss Teresa.

Paying a full years subscription for 4 months membership doesn't represent value for money to me, even if it is only pennies a year, the principal far out ways my membership!
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Teresa on December 18, 2015, 05:54:51 PM
I think that is a real shame.

Renewal has always been Dec to Dec.  However, in recent years it has been modified slightly not to unduly penalise people who join late in the year.  It is my opinion that August is not late in the year.  I appreciate that you have paid a full years subs for 4 months benefit (which amounts to mere £6.25 per month), even though you have been riding with the club since April, but I feel that the opportunities offered by the club, not to mention the knowledge and support offered by other members is excellent value.

I do note you mention that it is the principle, not the money - and I am sorry you feel that way.  I hope you enjoyed the time you have spent with the club, and wish you all the best for your cycling in the future.

Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Teresa on December 31, 2015, 11:10:42 AM
Just another little reminder that membership expires today (note to those racing tomorrow)

All the details are in the first post.

Many thanks
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Wayne E on December 31, 2015, 12:01:53 PM
Teresa will it be ok to bring money to Clubhouse for my Membership when the club reopens in New Year. Will you have a membership form there ?. Thanks. Wayne.
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Andy H on December 31, 2015, 01:08:39 PM
Just paid,  :-[ , I'll bring the forms to club night!
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Teresa on December 31, 2015, 01:41:37 PM
Wayne - I will make sure I have some forms.
Andy - Thanks
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: xrayspecs on December 31, 2015, 02:18:44 PM
As a point of principle I always pay at the last minute so I gain the maximum amount of interest on my money. ;)
I'll transfer this over tonight.
Chris
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Paul Nicholas on December 31, 2015, 02:20:18 PM
I've paid too, I'll pop in on Friday with the forms, I'm guessing no club night tomorrow so the 8th?
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Teresa on December 31, 2015, 04:45:18 PM
As a point of principle I always pay at the last minute so I gain the maximum amount of interest on my money. ;)
I'll transfer this over tonight.
Chris

Chris, look forward to receiving your payment at 23:59:59  :P

Thanks Paul - You are correct - No club tomorrow. Next club night is 8th Jan
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: xrayspecs on January 01, 2016, 03:02:30 PM
Transferred over now. Gained an extra 0.00001p interest. Every little helps.
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Andy Green on January 02, 2016, 09:17:12 AM
I've just come to the end of my first years membership (will renew it this week Teresa). I joined British cycling last year with a silver  membership as it included the insurance and there was a great first year member offer. My question now is what do the majority of people use for insurance. To renew with BC is £41 and as I don't race I don't really feel I'm fully benefitting from the package. Any recommendations??
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Toestrapsteve on January 02, 2016, 10:01:28 AM
Good question Andy - my preference is for CTC as they provide the insurance cover (for sportives and TT) but also legal support and campaigning which I believe is more important than cycle sport promotion as the sport has a very high profile right now. Support for both victims like our Jason and also to prosecute the t**ts that injure and kill too many cyclists each year is a big issue for me. You can check them out at:
http://www.ctc.org.uk/membership/membership-for-individuals-families
Hope you have another great year cycling.
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Teresa on January 02, 2016, 10:53:53 AM
OVW members also get a discount.  If you decide to go with them, I can send you the OVW code.

Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Andy Green on January 02, 2016, 11:21:07 AM
Thank you toestrap/ Teresa. I'll take a look.
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Teresa on January 09, 2016, 08:42:11 PM
Had a nice little flurry of rejoining members last night - thanks  :)

Would love to have some more  ;)
Title: Re: Membership due for 2016
Post by: Mgalex on March 03, 2016, 10:05:36 PM
I've gone and done it again.  :o