My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on December 13, 2015, 06:46:27 PM
-
I can't get out for a long ride next Sunday and it seems there are a couple of other riders in the same boat! I am planning the following long ride for Saturday.
Christmas sojourn to Bethlehem
https://connect.garmin.com/course/11238490
All are welcome, Pacers, Amblers, Religious or Non-believers, just don't invite the Three Wise Men, we've got Haydn! ;D
Its 85 miles (strava says 92) and 6900ft of climbing so a hard and long day! The plan is to leave earlier than normal club run, 8:30 and its definitely a case of weather permitting, so fingers crossed and keep an eye on the weather.
Post if you're interested.
-
I'll bring the Myrrh !
-
I'm glad it's not the other Bethlehem in west wales near Crundale!
-
That would be a an epic ride!
-
Hi Andy,
I'm up for this ... although this evenings (Thurs) forecast for Saturday is pretty awful. When will you make the Y/N call ?
-
It's the only chance I'll have to ride this weekend, so I'm definitely going out. I plan to get
to Brackla for 8:30, see who's there and make a decision.
I'll be dressed for rain and wouldn't mind trying to do the route even if we have to amend it on the go!
ps it doesn't look good, does it?
-
0830 it is - I'll be there, it will be mild anyway !
-
I give you kudos even for setting out if that forecast is correct
-
Look out for a super castle at Trapp
-
Four brave souls out this morning, Mark, Steven, Greg and myself. Dry starting, headed over stormy down, out to Neath where mark peeled off. Three then headed up valley to Brynamnan and the Black Mountain. Greg climbed well with Steven and me struggling behind. Turned around and retraced our steps, just as the Bible makes no mention of the wise men at the nativity so too did these intrepid three fail to make it to Bethlehem!
Oh and it rained, a bit......... Well more than a bit!!
-
Thanks Andy for tearing me away from my usual Saturday one hour ride to Cafe Velo! I'd like to go back in the summer when I could see more than 30 yards from the summit. Great ride by Greg, very strong. Must also recommend Eira's cafe in Briton Ferry; Beans, Egg and Toast with tea for £2.50!
-
Can't believe you came back the same way(ish). Three dull (wise) men ;)
-
Conditions were too bad to continue over the mountain and it was the shortest route! I now expect you to join us on our next long ride...
-
It's been a largely dry day in Rumney :D