My Community
General Category => Chain Gang => Topic started by: xrayspecs on November 24, 2015, 07:42:18 AM
-
Tonight 7PM.
Please remember it is winter changing, we shouldn't be dropping riders, i would expect the group to finish as a pack with fairly even splits between the laps (including the last). If you are feeling strong ride longer on the front rather than harder.
-
mudguards, mudguards, mudguards, mudguards, mudguards, mudguards, mudguards, mudguards, mudguards....
-
Sorry I thought we had agreed that if people turn up without mudguards then they can ride at the back and not take part in the chain? Same for Sundays.
Mark Nott and myself had agreed to police this. Unfortunately I had work committments and I assume Mark didn't make it either.
I personally feel very strongly about this ( I recognise that there are different views) and think I am correct in saying that it is in the club constitution specifically with regard to mudguards on winter club runs.
-
The official bit
19. Club Runs
Club Runs will be arranged at the discretion of members, with Club Captains appointed or elected to organise and control such matters appertaining to the behaviour of members on such club runs.
Members MUST observe and obey the Club Captain of the day. On club runs from October 1st to March 1st inclusive, mudguards MUST be fitted to ALL bikes. The management committee shall decide rules and regulations of club runs.
-
Not being pedantic (and I do agree about the mudguard rule) but Steven has always maintained that chaingang is not official club run, as we are often joined by non-members.
Obviously Sunday club runs are covered by the rule, we should amend the rule so that mud guards are to be of the 'effective' kind not ass savers but that's for another day! :D
-
Andy - You are quite correct.
The chaingang sessions are not organised by the OVW as we cannot determine who/how many non members will attend.
It just so happens that the forum is used to communicate with members and non members alike.
Gonna have to wait a year (next AGM) to make any changes to the rules
-
Will have to try shaming and bullying for this winter, then! ;D
-
If you haven't got mudguards in the wet just stay on the back, I've forgotten to put mine on on one occasion, easily done if your in a rush!