My Community

General Category => Chain Gang => Topic started by: xrayspecs on November 18, 2015, 07:49:55 PM

Title: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: xrayspecs on November 18, 2015, 07:49:55 PM
Thursday 7 PM in the same place. Barney / Amelia not welcome.
I won't be there but you know the drill.
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: Dave W on November 18, 2015, 08:58:20 PM
Any one turning up tomorrow?
Forecast is rain :-\
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: Terry A on November 19, 2015, 07:35:08 AM
Planing to be there unless it's deemed unsafe - raining like mad right now but the forecast just shown is for improvement by the evening.
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: Steven on November 19, 2015, 08:39:23 AM
Off to an awards dinner tonight so have made up for it with a 0600 turbo session.  I'm surprised you can't feel the waves of radiating smugness !  However, the point is that you need to be getting a session in where possible, particularly with Xmas around the corner...
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: Dave W on November 19, 2015, 08:46:21 AM
I won't be there, couldn't be arsed to cycle in the pouring down rain this morning ::). I will be doing a turbo session in the dry, did my chain gang on Tuesday ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: xrayspecs on November 19, 2015, 10:18:55 AM
What session did you do out of interest Steven?
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: harpo on November 19, 2015, 11:08:55 AM
I'm gonna try make it terry
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: Shawn on November 19, 2015, 12:20:08 PM
I'll be there at 7pm. Braved the rain this morning. Kit currently drying on the radiator and stinking the office out  ;D
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: Andy H on November 19, 2015, 01:58:03 PM
Xmas...............? Surely just extra training days!  ;D
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: Toestrapsteve on November 19, 2015, 02:20:25 PM
I'll be there - forecast is dry with wind at 20-27mph
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: Toestrapsteve on November 19, 2015, 09:37:04 PM
Out tonight were: Terry, Tony, Dave, Harpo, Shawn, myself and Stripey (late mark). Weather too fine for Mark E, obviously.
Mixed group held together quite well for first half and well done to Stripey (Andy) for doing second half solo. Last lap was a blast-fest with everyone caning themselves on the front so it broke up a bit. Andy reckons we were under 52mins so perhaps someone with Strava or related tech can confirm? Regardless of times, everyone seemed to achieve the aim - a decent Winter workout.     
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: harpo on November 19, 2015, 10:18:30 PM
Only two caned it on the front , the others were helping others to get back, which we did!;)
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: Shawn on November 19, 2015, 10:43:52 PM
I think the last lap broke the fifth law of winter chain gang thou shall not have last lap smash ups. Good fun though
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 6 (b)
Post by: Tony M on November 21, 2015, 10:15:29 AM
Yeah thanks to harpo, I just managed to stay the course.