My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Will J on October 30, 2013, 03:57:14 PM
-
I've just got my old Peugeot (early 80's) road bike back.
Lent it out and its come back in pretty bad shape, but I am quite attached to it.
I have been pondering what to do with it and have the following options:
bin it
full restoration to former glory
convert to fixy
i'd be interested to hear peoples' views on what they would do.
-
Option 4
Sell it at the club auction.
-
Full restoration and bill to whoever you lent it to!
-
Agree with Andy 🚴
-
Agree with Andy.
I'm loving old retro bikes at the moment.
-
Option 2 (then option 1)
-
Depends... Lent it out the other month or lent it out many years ago and pretty much wrote it off.
If the latter and it's not in great shape, then perhaps a fixed gear conversion for use as a winter trainer/beater might be worthwhile.
-
Will
Keep it, refurbish it with bits from the auction if the paint is OK. If not keep it as it is until you get some kind of deal with the borrower then do the fixie conversion (or a flip/flop with fixed one side and single free wheel on the other), spray it black and
a) put winter tyres on it. Ride it for secret training any time of year or
b) put sprints and tubs on it and use it for roller racing without brakes etc
have fun !
Tim