My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on November 06, 2015, 06:41:14 PM

Title: Pacers Sunday 8th November
Post by: Andy H on November 06, 2015, 06:41:14 PM
Forecast pretty grim for Sunday, see you at 9:00!

Will wait for some inspiration and post route later tonight or in the morning
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 8th November
Post by: Andy H on November 07, 2015, 10:07:54 AM
Not sure you could describe it as 'inspired' but here's a wet weather route for tomorrow:-

https://www.strava.com/routes/3624345

Option for café stop in Duffryn Gardens, Hannah's dinner or Café Velo if we change the route a bit!

See you at 9:00
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 8th November
Post by: Steven on November 07, 2015, 03:44:30 PM
Can't seem to open this sort of file - are we avoiding the lanes? Slippy and dirty at the moment...
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 8th November
Post by: Andy H on November 07, 2015, 04:28:02 PM
My mistake, I've no idea what that file is!

Now replaced, route is Ogmore, Wick, Rhoose, Barry, Wenvoe, Duffryn, Cowbridge, Brackla.

Mostly main roads, short section through Duffryn on the lanes.
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 8th November
Post by: Andy H on November 08, 2015, 05:15:42 PM
Nine pacers started out from Brackla this morning, under threatening grey skies. Haydn, TS Steve, Stephen, Allan, Jason, Mark R, Chris G, Simon (guest) and me.

Fortunately the weather 'held' as we headed out into the wind along the coast road. Sharing the workload we made decent time to Barry then Penarth where we stopped at 11:00 for two minutes silence. Shortly after this Haydn punctured, before repeating with a spectacular bang 5 minutes later. A damaged tyre required the help of Chris G's plastic tyre boot which survived to get Haydn home. Allan and Steven carried on at this point but we were joined by Paul who had chased us around the coast, meeting up with Amblers twice, en route!

Continued on to Duffryn Gardens for coffee where Steven had just arrived, taking a detour on his way there. Excellent coffee and flapjack, before setting off for home, tailwind helped us along A48, briefly dropped Simon who was towed back to the group by Paul and myself. Would have been bad form to lose a guest.  :-[

Just under 60 miles by the time we got back to Brackla, another enjoyable ride.

I'm away next weekend and 'racing' the Sunday after, so will see you on 29th, hopefully recovered from the club dinner!
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 8th November
Post by: Paul Nicholas on November 08, 2015, 08:15:46 PM
I had an eye on Simon at the back, I just realised tho that when I noticed he was off the back and moved up the group to let everyone know we needed to ease up I didn't let him know what I was doing. I usually do, I think I was so knackered I was thinking too much about making the move. Hope you made it back to the group OK.

Ta
P
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 8th November
Post by: Andy H on November 08, 2015, 08:55:21 PM
Thanks for that Paul, he was okay and we caught the group, eventually!
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 8th November
Post by: xrayspecs on November 09, 2015, 10:20:31 AM
Sorry that was my fault hadn't appreciated we were all together.
Good route and as Jason pointed out an empty gel wrapper would have worked as well. Had that tyre boot in there for a few years so time for a new one.
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 8th November
Post by: Steven on November 09, 2015, 10:52:39 AM
It was a good route and I really enjoyed getting out on the club ride again.  This would have been an ideal ride for the Club 59ers and fast Amblers as the Pacers don't get too serious until January. Don't leave it until then!
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 8th November
Post by: harpo on November 09, 2015, 04:40:28 PM
Thanks for everyone patience and generosity with my two mishaps!
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 8th November
Post by: wardhaugh on November 11, 2015, 06:04:19 PM
Haydn - watch this:

https://www.facebook.com/100008392690242/videos/1623788864577521/
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 8th November
Post by: harpo on November 12, 2015, 04:33:42 PM
Bit like me Sunday!