My Community

General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: Teresa on September 26, 2015, 05:59:28 PM

Title: 27.09.15 Welsh CA (Welsh Championship) R50/1b
Post by: Teresa on September 26, 2015, 05:59:28 PM
Start cover (says 2012 - I guess nothing has changed  ??? )

https://create-cdn.net/sitefiles/13/3/1/133127/WCA_50_cover_start_2012_4_pgs.pdf

Start list - Looks correct for this year.  Only Steven Madeley with Keiron breathing down his neck for 1 min - No pressure  ;)

https://create-cdn.net/sitefiles/13/3/1/133127/WCA_50_list_start_corrected_150927.pdf
Title: Re: 27.09.15 Welsh CA (Welsh Championship) R50/1b
Post by: Steven on September 26, 2015, 06:41:13 PM

I've already given my apologies- I dont think I can improve on this year's best and tandem time is more important at the moment!  All the riders in front of me were sub- 2hr riders - I think I would have been the last to finish with a long wait for the timekeeper!
Title: Re: 27.09.15 Welsh CA (Welsh Championship) R50/1b
Post by: norman james on September 27, 2015, 04:49:44 PM
Todays Provisional Result -
On a very cold day (2 degrees celsius on Heads of the Valleys road) with still conditions for the early starters, we were treated to an excellent event.  The winning ride by No.100 Kieron Davies ,www,Drag2zero.com was 1hour 39mins.6secs.,a new Welsh Competition Record!  The 21 non-starters will be pretty sick at seeing the result.  2nd.claim "oggie" Rob Jones recorded 1hour 57mins.53secs. and helped Cardiff Ajax C.C.win the fastest Team award.   Kieron's time was all the more remarkable when compared with the time of second placed B.A.R. contender Billy Oliver,Nopinz.com of 1hour 47mins.50secs. - that's 8mins 47secs in arrears!  Generally riders were very pleased with their times.
Title: Re: 27.09.15 Welsh CA (Welsh Championship) R50/1b
Post by: Rob Jones on September 27, 2015, 05:25:03 PM
If took Kieron 14 mins to catch me today... Now this might sound like some reasonable resistance from me...except that he started 2 mins behind! I have to say kieron rode away from me even more emphatically than did Bottrill in the nationals 2 years ago. You realise he averaged over 30mph for 50 miles. Amazing and he's surely going to be dominating the nationals over a number of distances within the next few years.
Title: Re: 27.09.15 Welsh CA (Welsh Championship) R50/1b
Post by: Teresa on September 28, 2015, 08:28:46 AM
Quite a few non starters, and a surprising number of DNF's - Was there a problem,  or was it just too cold after the celebrations the night before?


https://create-cdn.net/sitefiles/13/3/1/133127/WCA_50__Result_List_150927.pdf
Title: Re: 27.09.15 Welsh CA (Welsh Championship) R50/1b
Post by: Steven on September 28, 2015, 08:37:22 AM

Hi Rob,

The result sheet has you down in 45th position? It also tells me you are 39 - is this true as well?

Title: Re: 27.09.15 Welsh CA (Welsh Championship) R50/1b
Post by: Rob Jones on September 28, 2015, 10:09:24 AM
Hi Steve. Unfortunately the age is spot on. They have added 10 minutes exactly to my ride time however, I was actually 15th position with 1:57:53.
Title: Re: 27.09.15 Welsh CA (Welsh Championship) R50/1b
Post by: Steven on September 28, 2015, 10:24:29 AM
I thought the time was incorrect and your boyish looks disguise your advancing years !   ;)
Title: Re: 27.09.15 Welsh CA (Welsh Championship) R50/1b
Post by: Rob Jones on September 28, 2015, 10:53:49 AM
I like to think of myself being -1 years old....or sub veteran!