My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Mark Pope on September 18, 2015, 09:18:36 PM
-
It's forecast to be a bit damp higher up this Sunday, so I propose the following route:
Brackla - Coity - Bryncethin - Sarn - Fountain -Cefn Cribwr - Kenfig Hill - A48 - Water St - Kenfig Pool - Porthcawl - 3 Steps Hill - A48 - Dipping Bridge -Ogmore - Southern down - St Brides - the Lanes - Llantwit Major - Llandow - Cowbridge - Primrose Hill - Aberthin - Llansanor - City - Llangan - Treoes - Coychurch - Brackla
It's around 50 miles with a coffee stop at Hannah's Diner. We should also be back in plenty of time for Wales v Uruguay. See you Sunday.
Mark
-
Sod's law being what it is the forecast for tomorrow is good but I can only get out for a couple of hours.May decide to be lazy and look out for you at the top of my road.Why ride to the Triangle just to ride back again(yes I Know the answer to that!)
-
Great ride today, a few 'Pesky Pacers' tried to push the speed a bit, but fair play to Mark he held strong and kept the pace to a comfortable level for the Amblers, I struggle whatever the speed!
Nice coffee stop at Paul Longthorn's and the free drinks were much appreciated, thanks Paul.
-
Sorry Paul :-[! I blame Steve Chapman though - he kicked it all off going up the Fountain like Quintana - and he was an Ambler today!
-
Stephen's a mountain goat not an ambler lol
Once you pesky pacers disappeared into the distance we could all slow down 😓
-
It was an enjoyable if slightly disjointed ride today, mainly due to a double puncture on Cefn Cribwr and a few minor mechanicals. We started out with 18 riders, which included a sprinkling of Pacers and headed out towards Cefn Cribwr at a fair old lick. At the top of Cefn Cribwr natural selection and a couple of punctures split the group into the usual Amblers/Pacers subgroups and 13 Amblers carried on to complete the planned route and unplanned but very welcome free coffee at the Broomwagon in Porthcawl ( thanks Paul)!
After coffee we headed back to Bridgend and out on the Coast Road towards Llantwit Major. Probably due to the impending Wales v Uruguay rugby match a lot of the guys chose to cut today's ride short, leaving 7 of us to complete the majority of the planned ride. The overall distance was 51 miles at a little over 17mph average speed. Out today were:
Paul Longhorn
Andy Storrie
Tom
Lee S
Mal
Terry
Tony
Steve Chapman (plus bling bike)!
Paul L
Pete Phillips
Neil Bartlett
Andy' s dodgy knees!
I'm also sure I saw Jonathan Saunders at the start of the ride and assumed he'd shot off with the Pacers, although he's not mentioned in Alan's report. Was that you on the start line Jon??
See you next week.
Mark
-
Wasn't me Mark wish it was but after yesterdays ride to the mumbles my legs needed a rest, will be back out next week.
-
Thanks for the coffee Paul. Cafe looks really good. Sorry about the puncture on the fountain. See you next week.
Oh thanks to Andy for the extra inner tube
-
Glad you're OK Jonathan. I'm not surprised you had a day off after yesterday. Haydn's birthday ride to the Mumbles looked like a right old tear up. Although it's flat, every time I've headed out that way the return leg has been flat out all the way home.
See you next week.
-
Yes mark it was a fair old tear up on the way back but was well looked after, I've never road to the mumbles before and must say we should do that on a club run one Sunday. At least I know what pain I will endure if I ever get fit enough to step up to the pacers.
-
Sorry you didn't hear me shout I was heading back from llandow via the lanes Mark really enjoyed the ride PS JUST BOOKED MY FLIGHTS !
-
No problem Mal. I did come back for you but soon realised that you'd taken the shortcut at Llandow. Pleased to see that you've signed up for the OVW Tour of Majorca stage race (only joking - it's a holiday with bikes)! ;D
Mark