My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Carrie Williams on October 21, 2013, 11:44:02 AM

Title: Mid Week Run - Tuesday 22nd October
Post by: Carrie Williams on October 21, 2013, 11:44:02 AM
Is anyone planning on riding this week?
Title: Re: Mid Week Run - Tuesday 22nd October
Post by: Paul Longthorn on October 21, 2013, 12:30:44 PM
Yes Carrie I plan to be there just hope the weather forecast is wrong once more. B&Q roundabout 9:30 all welcome bring a rain cape.
Title: Re: Mid Week Run - Tuesday 22nd October
Post by: Tom on October 21, 2013, 12:31:59 PM
I will be there unless it's very wet!
Title: Re: Mid Week Run - Tuesday 22nd October
Post by: RichardB on October 21, 2013, 07:01:42 PM
Are you all out every Tuesday? I have week off w/c 11 November so would look to get out with you then.
Title: Re: Mid Week Run - Tuesday 22nd October
Post by: Paul Longthorn on October 21, 2013, 08:26:29 PM
Richard, I go for a spin some Tuesdays, but just put a post up I'm sure someone will join you.
Title: Re: Mid Week Run - Tuesday 22nd October
Post by: Tom on October 22, 2013, 08:53:42 AM
Just in case anyone is dithering(like I've been!)I am going to delay for a few hours as the forecast is better later.Paul is going ahead as planned.If you want to come out later let me know.
Title: Re: Mid Week Run - Tuesday 22nd October
Post by: Carrie Williams on October 22, 2013, 09:03:27 AM

Thanks Tom. Rain is torrential so I am also going to delay.  If it eases I will join Paul en route from the Vale side.
Title: Re: Mid Week Run - Tuesday 22nd October
Post by: Paul Longthorn on October 22, 2013, 01:12:49 PM
 I think Carrie and Tom made the right choice. One fool out today, me. The rain was heavy most of the way around but did managed the complete the shot mid week run. 35 miles.
Title: Re: Mid Week Run - Tuesday 22nd October
Post by: Tom on October 22, 2013, 02:54:09 PM
I thought my ride might be my shortest ever-I didn't get to the end of the drive before the heavens opened.Quick scoot back into the house!Luckily it stopped after 15mins and I managed an hour and a half in the dry.
Title: Re: Mid Week Run - Tuesday 22nd October
Post by: Carrie Williams on October 24, 2013, 08:37:36 PM
I did make it out but cycled the route in reverse hoping to link up with Paul.  The result - very wet, no Paul but 40 miles completed.  I think Tom was the only sensible one!