My Community
General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: traine on August 09, 2015, 02:03:26 PM
-
What Do You Think You're On .
Thursday 3rd September. The last of the midweek time trials this year.
Ride ANY bike to win your category of cycle type. You name goes into a hat and the first 3 out of the hat win prizes to be awarded at :
The Roadmans Night Out in early October
It's a bit of fun to end the season so no midweek points will be awarded. Get your rides in before then if you fancy the Midweek Trophy
This post is advance warning of the event to give you time to prepare your steed !
I shall ride either a road fixie or a 1980's Lo Pro Gazelle. Last year we had a Fisherman's Bike with fish box on the back pannier and wine box on the front, ladies road bike, mountain bike and a few ordinary road bikes. Special categories could include e.g. road bike with clip on tri-bars, unicycle (I dare anyone), butchers bike, folding bike, Moulton (with jacket and tie) , 3 wheeler, vintage steel road bike etc as long as it is road legal.
The full 10 miles must be ridden. Fancy dress is not required but is encouraged
Time
-
My entry will be:-
Brand new TT bike, never ridden on the road!!
As long as it's not raining!!
-
Sorry Tim, You've not read tour events list !
The event "what do you think you're on - speed competition" is on Thursday 27th.August. (event No.17) - PLEASE NOTE!
-
Can we really call Norman a "Newbie"?
-
Excellent first ever post on the forum, Norman :)
Thanks
-
Norman,
Well done for ensuring that the forum does work at any time of the day or night!
-
Hot choc time? Didn't spot that
-
Sorry Norman. Teresa and I had it wrong together. Good to see that the lion has awakened !
Teresa. Would you please edit the title of the post I did for this to include the correct date ?
memo to Tim
1) Never assume anything
2) Bring training forward a week !
Tim
-
Been on hols all last week and decided not to take the bike so have not turned a pedal. Wet Sunday ahead but dry by 4.00pm when I might take the LoPro for a few laps of the Industrial Estate. I need to clean it so it sparkles on Thursdy - even if I don't.
Time for you folks to get in the garage tomorrow and polish up your wierd and wonderful steeds for a bit of fun on Thursday evening too. I was hoping to see The Butcher on a butchers bike and a return of the electric bike with Tony to see if he can beat last years club record.
Mountain bikes with tri bars ? TT bikes with a bike stand (I have one to hire out), single free wheels, tricycles ? its only 10 miles and if you are in your own category the time does not matter.
Potential slowest off first, potential fastest off last. One minute intervals.
If you have never ridden a time trial before, this is an event for you to enjoy
Tim