My Community
General Category => Chain Gang => Topic started by: Davey C on October 15, 2013, 07:18:33 AM
-
7pm - check egos at the door ;)
Steady riding, weather looking ok
-
Turning up on a winter bike helps reign in any high speed tendencies..
-
I saw evidence to the contrary last week
-
I admit I did get a bit carried away at one point but in my defence I could not see my Garmin. This week I've duct taped a candle to the handlebars so it will be illuminated at all times.
-
I wasn't referring to you. Your riding was nice and steady :)
-
Phew!
-
'settings' - 'display' - 'backlight timeout'
work wonders on the garmin, at least on older versions...................
-
I wasn't referring to you. Your riding was nice and steady :)
Yep. Chris gets a gold start and gets to ride in the 'sensible' group. :D
-
that candle on handle bars trick could be quite painful with all that wax flying around
-
Good turnout again last night meaning a split into 2 groups. The 'fast' group set off about 30 seconds ahead of the steady group which worked well together to clock a 54.30.
Good disciplined riding tonight.
-
Yes very smooth. Two things from my point of view, smooth doesn't mean slow down and its better to peel off the front before pedalling squares and to move to the right and indicate with your left elbow for me to come through.
Not sure who the chap in front of me was but I wasn't sure if you were moving over to let me through or to take a corner wide.
-
Yes very smooth. Two things from my point of view, smooth doesn't mean slow down and its better to peel off the front before pedalling squares and to move to the right and indicate with your left elbow for me to come through.
Not sure who the chap in front of me was but I wasn't sure if you were moving over to let me through or to take a corner wide.
Yes agreed, hence me bellowing 'hup'!
-
These sessions are a great idea, which may take a while to get it right. I believe that the pace is right, however what is happening is that because the group was still too big for the pace we were going, riders are staying on the front for too long.
If chains were no bigger than 4-5 riders, restrict the speed to an agreed pace, make sure there is 1 strong rider in each group to marshal. This would result in everyone doing more work yet maintaining a safe speed?
Just a thought? (Can't make it next week due to shift work)
-
hi, could some one tell me what sort of pace you ride down there, hope to join in next week but I'm a steady rider never rode in a chaingang before.
also is there any riding on a Thursday night down there. cheers. Chris Jones
-
21.5-23mph ish (steady)
-
A perfectly reasonable pace so ideal to find your feet , as far as I know no one is riding there on a thursday at the moment. Also we (Andy H) have cracked making the Garmin 500 light stay on if anyone wants to know.
-
A perfectly reasonable pace so ideal to find your feet , as far as I know no one is riding there on a thursday at the moment. Also we (Andy H) have cracked making the Garmin 500 light stay on if anyone wants to know.
I wonder what impact it has on the battery life...as long as it still lasts a couple of hours?
-
Sounds great i'll be there for 7, cheers
-
Not sure about battery life but it lasted for the chain gang and ride home about 1.5 hours and still hadn't run out.