My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on July 27, 2015, 10:00:12 AM

Title: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Tom on July 27, 2015, 10:00:12 AM
If it ever stops raining(unlikely I know) I plan to get out this week.I could actually get out any day but plan to be out tomorrow morning and Thursday and/or Friday.I know most regulars are tied up with holidays but if anyone is about let me know!
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Lee S on July 27, 2015, 12:05:54 PM
If it's dry (wishful thinking!) I'll be there in the morning Tom. Usual time, 9:45.
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: ron b on July 27, 2015, 01:51:33 PM
Just got off the phone to Behnaz and the weather looks better tomorrow, so painting and decorating on hold I should be out. Tom and I will go over the Mr Tumble questions.
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Tom on July 27, 2015, 03:44:50 PM
Thanks both-I'll be there at 9.45-will post if raining!
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Tom on July 28, 2015, 02:49:17 PM
4 of us out on what passes for a good day(weather-wise)this Summer.Warm enough for us to sit outside at Café Velo anyway-Ron,Steve C &Lee joined me.
We're hoping to get out again this week,Thursday and/or Friday-more info to follow here(the plan is to make the Broonwagon our café stop on the next ride!)
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: ron b on July 28, 2015, 05:39:37 PM
Nice ride out today, dry but windy, pins were still tired after yesterdays stint. Tom Joe's results 1 51 are on the TT page.
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Tom on July 28, 2015, 07:01:05 PM
Thanks Ron-1.51 is pretty good for a 100 !
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: ron b on July 29, 2015, 06:10:35 AM
Dan Colman beat him by 1 second, that would keep me awake at night.
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Tom on July 29, 2015, 07:52:16 AM
you may have missed my point Ron!
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Tom on July 29, 2015, 11:21:18 AM
Anyone fancy a trip over the Bwllch in the morning(Thursday)-up via Ogmore Vale,down Afan Valley and either left via Maesteg and a coffee stop at Bryngarw or all the way down for coffee at the Broomwagon.I know Lee is off all week so may be up for this as forecast not too bad!I can be flexible time wise-post here if up for this
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Lee S on July 29, 2015, 12:41:53 PM
I'll be there Tom. Shall I meet you 9am at Physiques or would you rather go a bit earlier at 8:30?
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Tom on July 29, 2015, 01:18:39 PM
9 is fine Lee-I'll see you there and anyone else who's about!
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: ron b on July 30, 2015, 07:05:49 AM
Friday for me Tom.
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Steve Chapman on July 30, 2015, 07:56:46 AM
I'll be out, see you at 9am
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Tom on July 30, 2015, 03:26:52 PM
Steve C,Lee and I went up the Bwllch from Ogmore side this morning,spurning Bryngarw in favour of The Broomwagon café where Lee sampled the Victoria sponge and chocolate milksake!Didn't seem to slow him down!50 or so sociable miles on a (mainly)sunny morning(freezing coming down the Bwllch mind)
Lee and Steve are on holiday this week so possibly getting out tomorrow with Ron(not sure yet if I can make that)
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Paul L on July 30, 2015, 04:02:04 PM
Hi
Tom  are you out tomorrow (Friday)?

If so what route you looking at doing as I'm free tomorrow!

Cheers
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: ron b on July 30, 2015, 07:06:55 PM
Physiques at 9  ??
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Tom on July 30, 2015, 07:57:04 PM
Hi Paul-sorry for the late reply but I've only just finalised my plans.I am meeting my daughter tomorrow but will be riding to Castle Coch to meet her,planning to leave here about 9.30.
As you can see Ron is going out and I think Lee and possibly Steve may join him-Ron is suggesting 9 at Physique-this may be a bit early for you to get over from Llantwit?(I'm sure they'll go a bit later if you want them to)
If you want to ride with me you're more than welcome but I'll be staying there till mid-afternoon
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: Paul L on July 30, 2015, 08:44:51 PM
Thanks for the reply Tom, I will give it a miss Tormorrow seeing as you're busy.
Maybe catch up with you next week.
Title: Re: Mid-week wk of 27/7
Post by: ron b on August 01, 2015, 06:12:03 AM
Three riders out Friday, Steve C pulled Lee and me around the Vale plus a loop around the Airport in nice dry weather.