My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on July 14, 2015, 09:51:56 AM
-
Route that is tandem and stepping up Amblers friendly, to follow.
Nothing too steep and around 60-65 miles!
-
I'll be there on Sunday. Hopefully it will be dry. fingers crossed 8)
-
I'm sure johnathan Saunders is up for this one! 👍🏻
-
More the merrier, I'm sure you could handle the pace, as well, Clayton!
-
Well said Andy I think Clayton would make a good addition to the pacers,
-
I would Andy but I'm sure you'd lose me after the first few miles!
-
Suggestion for Sunday
https://www.strava.com/routes/2819956
Out via Pontyclun, Radyr to a loop around Rudry, back via Pontypridd and Llanharan
Pace will be suitable for ANY Amblers wanting to step up!
Nobody will get left behind, they even wait for me!!
-
Is the broomwagon cafe open Sunday?
-
Roughly what pace you looking at Andy? Johnathan wants to know!
-
Broomwagon due to open Monday.
Target pace will be around 17-18mph but importantly at a pace where we don't drop anybody!
Exception is the climbs where we will regroup at the top.
-
Nine Pacers departed Brackla in very damp conditions. No Amblers stepping up, unless you count Andy Samuel, whose ridden with us before. Only Haydn was dressed appropriately for the prevailing conditions, he was to regret this when the sun came out later. The riders were Haydn, Jason, Paul, Dave, Mark, Steve C, Andy S and the tandem.
Rain didn't last long, v enjoyable ride, esp climb up to and decent from Rudry.
Cafe stop in Hapus ice cream parlour in Machen.
68 miles at 17.5mph (within target pace)
Just need some Amblers to join us next time!
-
Good ride today! Loved the decent from Rudy, and well done to Andy Samuels for hanging in there!