My Community

General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: lajames on July 02, 2015, 09:35:31 PM

Title: Midweek No. 9. 2nd July 2015
Post by: lajames on July 02, 2015, 09:35:31 PM
A lovely fresh night after the earlier rain. Allan Marks commentated that this could show us some pb's and he was right. So in future if you need some advice, go to Allan. He's the man.

 1st Chris Jones          Ride Bike Wales          21.47
       Richard Gamblin   Ride Bike Wales          22.50
       Mark Nott                 OVW                       22.56           10 points
       Richard Hier          E G Cycles                  25.15
       Stephen Landeg       OVW                      25.29              9
      Terry Anthony            OVW                      25.30              8
      Jake Tanguay        Ride Bike Wales         25.48
      Stuart Davies        Ride Bike Wales         26.56
      Neil Bartlett                OVW                     27.20               7
      Kari Jones              Ride Bike Wales        28.07
 
Tandem:- Steven Madeley and Keith Barrett   OVW    24.20

Thanks go to :-  Teresa Deeley  Recorder, no. spotter and numbers
                          Mary Marks       Levy and no. spotter
                          Lynne James     Signing on, signs and no. spotter
                          Allan Marks       Signs, no. spotter and photographer
                          Tim Raine          Starter and Signs
                          Andy Harries     Turn signs
                         Norman James   Start and finish timekeeper, signs


We are well into the racing season now, so I think it is very timely, to remind all club members, who have ridden in open events this year to please send me their times asap. You should know the format by now. For those of you who do not or any newcomers the information needed is as follows:- 

Date of event
Name of club running the event
Course Number
Winners name
Winners club
Winners Time
Your name
Your Time

I shall now expect a flurry of activity from you all. Regards Lynne.
Title: Re: Midweek No. 9. 2nd July 2015
Post by: Teresa on July 02, 2015, 10:35:05 PM
I think there is a job missing off the list - Cow whisperers  :P
Title: Re: Midweek No. 9. 2nd July 2015
Post by: Andy H on July 02, 2015, 10:47:16 PM
My 10 was a 1:29:30!  :o
Title: Re: Midweek No. 9. 2nd July 2015
Post by: Terry A on July 02, 2015, 10:49:22 PM
Hi Lynne, not a big deal I know but I think there is a typo - I thought my time was 25.30 (and I worked hard for those 20 secs  :P). Thanks
Title: Re: Midweek No. 9. 2nd July 2015
Post by: vincent thomas on July 03, 2015, 03:58:39 PM
As a matter of interest,  what is the fastest time ever on that course? , im guessing its in the Ceri Pritchard era of time,  but what is the official best time??
Title: Re: Midweek No. 9. 2nd July 2015
Post by: lajames on July 04, 2015, 11:23:07 AM
My apologies Terry. Yes it was my fault.  Norman says the fastest on our club records is Jason Clarke with a time of 20.58 in 2011.
  I'll try not to forget the cows next time Teresa it was very remiss of me :-[. Well done Andy is that a new course record for you. lol
Title: Re: Midweek No. 9. 2nd July 2015
Post by: Rob Jones on July 04, 2015, 02:03:32 PM
What you reckon Vince...target for late august/ early Sept?
Title: Re: Midweek No. 9. 2nd July 2015
Post by: vincent thomas on July 05, 2015, 10:03:22 AM
No id have to train as a tt specialist, and I aint got a tt bike,  just wondered, someone said theyd done a 20 min 30, and I thought that's in the ioan smallwood area of power. Cheers for that though. 
Title: Re: Midweek No. 9. 2nd July 2015
Post by: lajames on July 10, 2015, 10:38:13 AM
Apologies once more. JACOB Clarke is not the fastest on our club 10. The night that time was achieved it took part on a different course. Therefore still looking. Will post as soon as I've found the correct person and time.